When you play the video through a media streaming player on your TV, it fetches the data from the channel and provides the same on the big screen. However, if you are facing difficulty in playing the videos online, then there might be some problem with the video or with the player. Let’s dive into details of this problem through roku com link activation.
First of all, before troubleshooting the problem check the connections done between the Roku player and the TV. If you have linked the Roku to the TV through AVR, then disconnect it and connect the Roku directly by www roku com link.
Other reasons for ‘Video playback’ problem are discussed here as under:
- Wrong input selected on TV: This is quite a common cause of this problem. If you have connected the Roku to the input 1 and selected 2 on the TV, then you will get a problem in video playback. Check the port numbers carefully before selecting via remote.
- The procedure for selecting the video output source from the remote is different from model to model. If you don’t know how to change the source, then read the guided manual of TV.
- Search for the Input, source and TV/video button on the Roku remote.
- Wait for some time till you find the source on the screen.
- If there are source options available on screen, then you can change the source from the screen even.
- If you don’t find any output on the TV screen, then it means there is some issue with the TV. Contact TV provider.
- Wait for some minutes until the source gets connected.
- Faulty video cable: Connecting the faulty cable to the TV and to the Roku player may result in a video playback problem. Check the cable thoroughly from both the ends and if it is broken, then replace it immediately. This will resolve the playback problem on your TV.
- Problem with the TV: Check the TV input port to which the player is connected. If the port is faulty or not working, you can’t playback videos through Roku and get an error message on screen. To get rid of this problem, connect the Roku to the alternate port of TV and check by playing the video again.
- If nothing works: If after executing the above-mentioned steps, you are still facing the problem, then disconnect the cables including power and modem cable and connect the Roku again to the power supply after 5 minutes.
Connecting 4K compatible TV to the Roku player doesn’t mean that it will start playing the 4k content directly until or unless the player itself supports 4K. If you want to know about your product specifications, then go to Roku comlinks.