Roku is a very capable digital streaming device, but in order to stream anything from Roku, you need to create a Roku account, activate your Roku device and do a host of other tasks. If you find issues in any of these steps, then you can take the assistance of experts.
In order to stream anything from Roku streaming device, you need to first activate it. Without activating the device, you won’t be able to do anything. Now, activating of Roku streaming device is quite simple, as you need to enter the code that you see on your TV into the box above which it says, enter activation code’ here.
But, in order to reach to that step, you must have a Roku account, and to create Roku account, you need to enter all the necessary details in the right boxes. It is after creating a Roku account that you will be able to enter the activation code.
You need to go to my Roku com link page where you will enter a 6-digit alphanumeric code. Once the device has been activated, then you will be able to watch your favorite content without any interruption.
But, what if you are not able to activate your Roku device? How are you going to watch all your favorite TV shows and movies for which you’ve purchased a Roku device in the first place?
A number of people experience issues during the activation process; where some are not able to find the Roku activation code, others face problem in entering the code because they don’t know where to enter it. Some people face different issues such as system error or temporary network error.
If you too are getting such an error while entering Roku activation code on the website, then here is what you are going to do;
- Go to your Roku device, and press ‘Star’ button on the Roku remote followed by selecting the option named ‘Get a new code’.
- You will receive a new Roku activation code, which you need to enter at Roku com link page.
Roku device getting stuck at the link code screen after you’ve entered the code
Most often than not, it takes time to complete the activation process, you kindly wait for a few minutes. If it’s been 30 minutes or an hour since the screen has stuck on the link code page, then here is what you can do:
- Make sure that all the steps that are required to activate the Roku device are completed.
Note: It is important for you to complete all the steps before returning to Roku device, or else, your Roku device won’t be activated.
- In case, you see ‘error 001’ along with a message, i.e., ‘not connected’ in the top right corner of the TV screen, then it means your Roku player isn’t connected to any internet network. To fix this issue, here is what you will have to do:
- Select ‘Try Again’.
- If that option doesn’t work, then you will have to get in touch with Roku help and support providers first in order to identify the issue.
Don’t waste time troubleshooting the problems on your own especially when you have no idea how to fix these problems. Ask an expert to fix the problem that you are facing while accessing your Roku device.