Activation of Roku is a crucial step that can’t be skipped, so you need to do it in the right way in order to avoid any issue later on. Without activating Roku device, your device is nothing less than a plastic box, so make sure to activate it.
To be able to enjoy streaming on Roku device, you need to activate or link your Roku streaming device. You must be thinking as to where to link Roku streaming device with? Well, you need to link it with your Roku account. You have to create Roku account as that will be the place from which you will be able to control your Roku streaming device. There is nothing complicated when it comes to creating Roku account. You can easily create one by following the instructions that are given on Roku’s official website.
Now, let’s come to the point where Roku streaming device needs to be activated. By activating Roku streaming device, you will be able to see all the channels that you own and are currently installed on your Roku device. Alongside that, you can see all your preferences and settings as well. So, you must add a valid email address while creating Roku account because you will receive important account information on that email. Moreover, you need to choose a strong, secure password because there is some crucial information present in your Roku account, which you don’t want to get into the hands of unknowns.
Activating Roku media streaming player:
- You need to complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku media streaming player to the internet.
- Once you are connected to the internet, you will see that Roku device has started downloading new software.
- Once Roku device has downloaded and installed the latest software, it is going to display an activation code, which will be an alphanumeric code.
- You need to enter that code in the appropriate box on ‘Roku com link’ page. You can open this link on your computer or smartphone.
- On your website, you need to enter that code, and then, click ‘submit’.
- After entering the code and submitting it, you need to follow the instructions that are given on the website to log into your Roku account. If you don’t have Roku account, then create one.
- If you are creating a new Roku account, there is an option of ‘payment method’ that you have to fill. You can buy subscriptions to the channels you are willing to watch the content of, or you can buy or rent movies and TV shows by paying through your card or PayPal (whichever payment method you add). There isn’t anything to worry about while adding a payment method, as it won’t cost you a dime. The only time you will be charged is when you go through the additional steps that are required to make a purchase, i.e., when renting or buying a TV show or a movie, signing up for a subscription or adding a channel from Roku channel store.
- Once you are done activating your Roku media streaming player, it will be ready to use.