To know how to activate ESPN on Roku, you don’t have to scour the web. Just follow the steps that you see in the journal and those will be enough to get you started with watching your favorite content from ESPN.
With ESPN app coming to Roku, people can now watch Live streaming that ESPN network has to offer. This includes all the live events, ESPN shows along with the content available on ESPN+ subscribers. But, in order to access all the wonderful content that is available on ESPN, you will have to activate the app on Roku. This is exactly what we will discuss today.
First, you need to verify whether you qualify for ESPN or not
There are 03 levels of service that are provided by ESPN app Roku:
Live Streaming of ESPN’s eight US networks such as ESPN, ESPN2 & 3, ESPNEWS, SEC Network, ESPNU, Longhorn Network and ESPN Deportes. Not to forget, a number of on-demand access to episodes (full) of famous ESPN shows.
- If you have subscribed to a participating pay-TV provider, then you can enjoy live streams of ESPN’s US networks along with on-demand access to the episodes of famous ESPN shows. This includes streaming services like DirecTV Now and Sling TV. If you want to check whether your provider permits access, then you will have to install ESPN on Roku player followed by linking your device.
- If you’ve subscribed to ESPN+ service, then you can watch original content, live sports, and on-demand programs.
What to do if you have subscribed to a pay TV service, but your provider isn’t listed?
If this is what you are dealing with right now, then you can’t activate ESPN for live streaming in case your TV service provider is not listed. There are no standalone subscriptions available to ESPN on Roku or any other device for that matter. Plus, you can watch live ESPN network’s programming through ESPN+.
How to install ESPN on Roku?
You can install ESPN on Roku via PC or smartphone. If you want to use your Roku device to install ESPN, then you can find it in the sports category after choosing ‘streaming channels’ from Roku’s home screen. Just search for ‘ESPN’ from Roku’s home screen, and once you see it on the screen, just select the channel and press ‘OK’.
You can also use your web browser to install ESPN. Just go to channelstore.roku.com/details/34376/espn link and click ‘Add Channel’ button. If you aren’t logged into Roku account, then you will be asked to do that.
ESPN or ESPN+ Activation:
You can begin watching all ESPN content immediately after you add it to your Roku. But, you can’t watch live TV or any videos apart from highlights and short clips. You will have to ESPN Roku Activation in order to watch content in its entirety. For that follow these steps:
- Launch ESPN on Roku.
- At the top of the screen, there is a menu bar where you will find ‘gear’ icon, which you will have to click to open ‘Settings.
- If you’ve subscribed to a pay TV service, then choose provider account followed by watch Live TV ‘activate Live TV’. You will see an activation code, so enter it on ‘es.pn/Roku’ link. You will have a few minutes to enter that code, or else it will expire.
- On ‘Choose Provider’ screen, you need to choose your cable, streaming TV or satellite service provider option.
- Enter the right credentials of your TV service provider to sign in.
- If you’ve subscribed to ESPN+ account, then choose ESPN account followed by log into your ESPN account.
- Again, go to ‘es.pn/Roku’ link on your PC or smartphone.
- Enter the code and continue.
- Log into your ESPN account and subscribe at espn.com/watch or in-channel by choosing the videos with ‘E+’ icon on them.
It won’t take more than five seconds to activate ESPN on your Roku device. Now, you can watch anything that is being shown on the ESPN channel.