To start watching your favorite movies and TV shows, your Roku media player must be linked to the Roku account. The Roku Link account contains information related to the name of user, device currently connected to account and payment details. Apart from this, all channels which are currently available on the Roku account will be displayed on the screen. You can also check the preferences, settings of your Roku device from Roku account. However, if you are getting any problem in linking or activating the Roku media player, then keep reading the content of this page.
You don’t find any need to contact any team of experts after reading the content of this guide. You will find a device activation code on your registered mobile number as well as an email account. To activate the account, go to ‘Roku.com’ website from computer or smartphone and check the link code displayed on the device. You will find a 5 digit code combination of numbers and alphabets. This code is to be entered in the given box.
If you find any problem in activating the device after entering the code, then you don’t need to feel disappointed. There might be a connection issue on a temporary basis.
If you find the problem still exists, then follow the steps given below:
- Go to ‘Roku device’ and press ‘Asterisk’ button from the Roku remote. Click on ‘Get new code’.
- Once you find the new link, you will have to enter the same on Roku com link Activation and get it verified.
If after entering the code, your device stuck in the middle, then wait for some time as there might be some temporary issue from the server end. The following steps can be implemented to fix the problem.
- You must ensure that you haven’t left any step in-between. If you left by chance, then you will get the problem.
Note: You must complete all the steps before getting back to the Roku device screen, otherwise the device will not get activated or you will find the error message on the screen. For more information, you can ask experts and get their opinion.
- If you find error 001 on screen, then it means device not connected. There is a problem with the internet. You need to contact the ISP or check the network devices like router or modem. If the device is at distant from the router, then reduce the distance and try linking to the device.
- Tap ‘Try again’.
- If you are still facing the same problem, then read on-screen instructions again and check if you have left any step. Click on the link, ‘Can’t connect to the network’.