Are you not being able to watch your favorite stuff from any channel installed on Roku TV? If yes, then no need to get disappointed. By implementing certain steps, you can easily fix the channel streaming issues. It doesn’t matter whether you are getting a problem with single or multiple channels. The guide is same for all channels and you can implement without any problem.
It has been seen that more than 70% of the Roku link TV users are facing problem in streaming content from different channels although they have installed the channels properly.
Check if your device is connected to the internet or not?
This is the foremost step for fixing the channel related issue. Check whether the proper internet connection is available on it or not. If you are facing a problem in streaming the content, then internet outage problem might be the reason behind it. Open web browser and click ‘Speed test’ link. If there is problem with the speed, then restart your router and other network devices. Try connecting other wireless devices to it.
To check the network setting on any device, go through the steps given below:
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on the ‘Home page’ of your Roku TV.
- Over to ‘Network’ and see the network list.
- Check the status of the network where all the details like IP address, strength, and connection type will be displayed.
- Signal strength with proper bars on the Wi-Fi flag is important for streaming any kind of media. If the network is not Ok, you can contact ISP to get the issue fixed or check the network adapters of your device. Sometimes, power cycling the device also fixes most of the streaming media problems.
Restart Roku device
After checking the signal strength, if everything is working normally but the content is still not played, then we recommend you restart the Roku device. For this, check the Roku com link TV itself and troubleshoot if required. Troubleshooting on your own simply means restarting the device and reset the settings to factory default. The factory reset will delete all the data from the device. The steps to hard reset device are:
- Open ‘System’ and go to ‘Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Restart’ option given under the ‘System’.
- Once you click on the link, the rebooting will start. After the process gets completed, try connecting to the internet again and start playing videos.
- If the problem is still not solved, then restart your TV by disconnecting it from the power supply. Unplug the power adapter and wait for 2 minutes. Connect the adapter again to the power source and turn it on. Check if the problem gets solved or not.