Installing the Roku app on smartphone is quite a simple task and once it gets installed, a good number of features can be accessed from here itself. One such feature is ‘Private listening’. With this feature, you can listen audio of your media streaming in the headphone without disturbing others. However, if you are facing problem in using private listening mode, then here are some quick tips and tricks to restore it. We have discussed possible reasons for this problem along with the solutions.
Headphone icon not available: If no headphone icon on the app is available, then check the version of the app and plug the headphone firmly after disconnecting for a while.
The video stopped all of a sudden: This problem occurs if you connect the headphones while playing video. The video will then go out of sync with audio. Insert headphones and start playing video from beginning.
Audio issues: If you are facing any kind of audio issue, then the steps for the same are discussed here as under:
No audio: Check the level of volume if muted, then increase to a level according to your preference.
Audio out of sync: For this, you can use the software that auto-sync the audio with video.
If the problem is still disturbing, then the steps are:
- Check the headphone jack whether it is properly connected or not.
- Check the headphones by connecting to any other smartphone.
- Stop the video and resume it after some time. This will fix the audio sync.
- If you are using the app for listening to private music, then close the app and restart it. The app can be closed by simply swiping to the left from the recent apps screen.
- Restart the Roku player by unplugging the power cord from the power source and connect it again.
- Try to plug new headphones to the remote and check if the problem still persists or not.
For further troubleshooting of the issue, check the network connection first on the Roku and on the mobile device.
For the seamless streaming of private music, high-speed internet access is must. If the speed of internet is in Kb’s you will find the problem. Contact internet service providers and get the speed issue resolved over the phone. If required update the plan to higher amount. Disconnect all other devices connected to the Wi-Fi except Roku media player.
Try to minimize the distance between the Roku and the remote. This sometimes creates a problem. Steps for advanced troubleshooting are given here as under:
- Unplug your Roku from the power source.
- Restart Roku.
- Restart all the network devices which include modem, router, and extender. Turn them on one by one in the same pattern.
- Connect Roku to the power source again.