You can easily perform Roku streaming stick setup by following the steps that are given at Rokucomlinks.support. If you have followed the right process, yet Roku stick has not set up properly, then you will have to take the assistance of Roku help and support.
Roku streaming stick is a tiny, yet feature-packed device, which if you plan on buying can get you the best entertainment. One of the most popular models of Roku streaming stick is ‘Model: 3600. If you are considering buying this particular model, then you can play videos in 1080p. Moreover, this streaming stick comes with a ‘point-anywhere’ remote control, which allows you to change channels and/or settings without pointing the remote at the device.
To enjoy your favorite content streamed through this streaming stick, you will have to find a way to set up this device. But, you need to first check whether your TV is capable of supporting Roku streaming stick or not, or just check whether your TV has an HDMI port or not. If it has, then great, you can connect your Roku streaming stick on your TV. You can get an HDMI extender cable to connect Roku streaming stick with the TV.
How To Setup Roku Streaming Stick?
- Start with selecting the right TV input on your TV. If you don’t know what the right TV input means, then it is the one that corresponds to the port at which Roku streaming stick is connected to. After selecting the right input, you will see the Roku logo appearing on the screen.
Going through the guided setup
- Select a language:
- You need to choose your preferred language. The language you choose would be the one that you will hear your favorite TV shows and movies in. Take help of Roku remote to scroll through the languages and then, finding the right language.
Note: There might be a few channels that will not support the language that you’ve chosen. Moreover, it is the responsibility of the channel broadcaster to translate the content to the language that you’ve selected.
- Connect Roku Streaming Stick to the Internet
- You need to select your internet network from the list of available networks. After that, enter the password for the network in order to connect your Roku Stick Setup to the internet.
Note: Make sure that you have selected the same network on which your other devices are connected to as well.
- Roku Streaming Stick is going to download the latest software
- The moment the Roku streaming stick connects to the internet, it is going to download the latest software. Once that is done, it will reboot.
- Set the display type
- Choosing this option will let the Roku Streaming Stick Setup to auto-detect the most suitable display resolution. You don’t have to do this manually, which could be a cumbersome task. If you don’t wish to do it at this point in time, then you can leave it for later. You can go to ‘settings’ followed by ‘display type’ to change the resolution type.
- Create a Roku account and then, activate Roku streaming stick
- You will have to create a Roku account to activate the Roku streaming stick. Roku account will also come in handy when you want to change settings, personal preferences, buy a subscription to a channel and other important tasks.
- Roku activation code will appear on the TV screen at the time of setting up the Roku streaming stick. So, add that code to ‘my.roku.link’ page to activate the Roku streaming stick.