There could be a number of reasons as to why your Roku remote is not working properly. The most common problem is Remote not being able to control power and volume options in the right way. But, you can solve this problem by following certain steps, which you can find on Roku com link website.
Roku remotes are some of the most advanced and sophisticated remotes in the world today. Roku Enhanced Remotes consist of both, wireless as well as IR technology, and both types of remotes work seamlessly with Roku media streaming player. This post focuses on the aspect of how to control power and volume on your TV.
Unable to hear music during setup
If you are not able to hear music during the setup process, and you have even tried increasing the volume using TV remote that consists of fresh batteries, then follow the steps below:
- Make sure that all the devices that your Roku media streaming player support audio over HDMI. If you are using overhead projectors, then they don’t have speakers.
Unable to mute music with Roku Enhanced Remote:
When you are unable to mute the music file during setup, you will see a prompt on the screen where you will have to enter your TV’s brand and then, try to set up again. If you still are not able to program your Roku Enhanced Remote with this method, then make use of the following steps:
- Limit the number of devices that are connected between Roku streaming device and the TV. You can take out one of the devices on a temporary basis to confirm that the problem lies within the device. It is possible for you to setup the remote with the device being out of the picture, and then, connect the device again. This won’t disrupt the working of Roku Remote.
Roku Enhanced Remote Can Control Volume and Power separately, but not at once, why?
Companies are manufacturing more TV models than ever before. But, those TVs have different remote codes. During the setting up of remote, your Roku media-streaming player is going to try to narrow this list of possible codes on the certain TV brand and program the Roku enhanced remote to the right code. There could be a chance that the code programmed into the remote at the time when you hear music stop only has commands to control either power or volume. You can use a separate code for the TV brand as that could work to control both power and volume.
If you want to try out additional remote codes on your Roku device, you need to restart the setup process for Roku Enhanced Remote and then, perform the steps as given below:
- The moment you hear the music stop and hear, ‘did the music stop playing’? Then, you don’t have to answer the question. You need to turn the volume back up with TV remote until the music becomes audible again.
- You need to say ‘No’ and you will see Roku device moving forward to try the next code.
- Say ‘Yes’ the next time you hear the music stop, and you will be able to program your Roku Enhanced Remote with a new code.
- You may have to repeat the process in some cases, but chances of those are very rare. Answer ‘No’ to multiple codes before you get to the code that controls both power and volume.
Roku is heating up
If Roku remote is heating up, especially from the backside, then follow these steps:
- Don’t use your remote.
- Place the remote on a hard surface and let it cool. Keep the batteries in tact until the remote becomes cool.